There's a little bit of everything here - educational posts, weight loss posts, venting over daily struggles as a single parent to a special needs son, support and encouragement, and a look into the side of me that not everyone knows.
Cereal Killer
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
As promised here is the video of Kamden having cereal for the first time. He's done much better since we started putting it into a bottle for him, but the looks on his face the first time around were priceless.
I despise the word "normal" for a variety of reasons, but primarily simply this: Everyone has a different definition of what "normal" is. For some, working all night and sleeping all day is normal. For others, being shot at on a daily basis is normal. For still others, normal involves the general stereotype - 2.5 kids, mom and dad in the same home where either dad works and mom stays home or both work. Here's what "normal" looks like for my little family. I (Mom) go to school full time. I completed my Associates of Science in Biology this semester, but I start back full time at the end of January to work on my Bachelors in Biotechnology and a minor in Psychology. I also work two unconventional jobs. Currently I work for myself as a housekeeper for a handful of faithful clients and I am getting a new business as a Independent Beauty Consultant with Mary Kay off the ground. I'm fully aware that I need to make more money than I do ...
Several weeks ago, I had the chance to sit and talk with a friend that I don't get the chance to talk to very often. We both have toddlers about the same age and live two timezones apart, so coordinating talk times is not very easy. The times that we do get to talk, we generally just have time to get caught up on life in general and the other bare essentials, but this particular night we got to talk for a few hours and it changed my life and my heart in ways I never expected it would. Around this same time, I had a status message up on facebook regarding not knowing what to do with my life. She shared with me that she had been praying for me and felt impressed to share something with me. She went on to tell me that I was already doing what I was meant to do with my life: loving and caring about others. Deep down I was really a Mary and not the Martha I was trying so desperately to be. (Luke 10) I'll be honest, at first I was almost offended by s...
I wish that we could say that we were grateful for our trip to Dallas, and I guess in some strange way we are, but it definitely didn't go as we hoped. I didn't sleep much on Wednesday night in anticipation of the appointment the next morning, but laid awake praying and enjoying the kicks and taps that I got to feel in my sleepless hours. Jeff and I rose around 6:30 and got up for the hot breakfast our hotel was so gracious to provide. Luckily our hotel almost provided a shuttle free of charge to the hospital so we hopped the shuttle around 8 and headed to the appointment that changed our entire pregnancy. The MRI was pretty uneventful. Baby K was calm enough that they were able to get all the shots they needed in less time than they expected and I had the opportunity to find out that I am, indeed, claustrophobic. We had about a 30 minute wait while the doctor reviewed our images. Dr. T. was extremely nice from the first handshake. She thanked us for taking...
Comments
Post a Comment